This section is for Current Students, Faculty and Staff
Forms, Downloads and Department links:
Schedule of classes…
Resources for students for grade change/complaints/billing/etc.
COEIT Shared Services Center (SSC): https://rtforms.umbc.edu/rt_authenticated/coeit/CoeitSSC.php?div=COEIT&dept=ME
IES (International Education Services) department forms: https://ies.umbc.edu/
Department news: https://my3.my.umbc.edu/groups/me
Undergraduate students news: https://my3.my.umbc.edu/groups/me-undergraduate-students
Graduate students news: https://my3.my.umbc.edu/groups/me-graduate-students
Academic Success Center: academicsuccess.umbc.edu
All full-time Ph.D. students must take their Candidacy Examination within 1 year following successful completion of the Qualifying Examination. The purpose of the Candidacy Examination (also known as the Proposal Defense) is to have the student clearly define his/her research topic and methods of investigation that will be employed. The examination consists of a written proposal plus an oral examination. The student is advanced to doctoral candidacy after successful completion of this examination.
- Nomination of Members for the Proposal Defense/Candidacy Examination [DocuSign]
- Submitted by student, due 2 weeks prior to exam date
- Report of the Committee to the GPD [DocuSign]
- Submitted by the Committee Chair within 3 days of the exam
- After passing this examination, student will submit the List of Courses form to the GPD, and when that is approved, student will Apply for Admission to Candidacy through the Graduate School.