This section is for Current Students, Faculty and Staff
Forms, Downloads and Department links:
Schedule of classes…
COEIT Shared Services Center (SSC): https://rtforms.umbc.edu/rt_authenticated/coeit/CoeitSSC.php?div=COEIT&dept=ME
IES (International Education Services) department forms: https://ies.umbc.edu/
Department news: https://my3.my.umbc.edu/groups/me
Undergraduate students news: https://my3.my.umbc.edu/groups/me-undergraduate-students
Graduate students news: https://my3.my.umbc.edu/groups/me-graduate-students
Academic Success Center: academicsuccess.umbc.edu
All full-time Ph.D. students must take their Candidacy Examination within 1 year following successful completion of the Qualifying Examination. The purpose of the Candidacy Examination (also known as the Proposal Defense) is to have the student clearly define his/her research topic and methods of investigation that will be employed. The examination consists of a written proposal plus an oral examination. The student is advanced to doctoral candidacy after successful completion of this examination.
- Nomination of Members for the Proposal Defense/Candidacy Examination [DocuSign]
- Submitted by student, due 2 weeks prior to exam date
- Report of the Committee to the GPD [DocuSign]
- Submitted by the Committee Chair within 3 days of the exam
- After passing this examination, student will Apply for Admission to Candidacy through the Graduate School.